Post a picture of a cat

The place to be when you have TEA. Discuss all kinds of test equipment.

Important: Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about.
Forum rules
Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about. Include the "repairs" tag, too, when appropriate. If a new tag is needed, request one in the TEAdministration forum.
tggzzz

Re: Post a picture of a cat

Post by tggzzz »

MED6753 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 pm --- Since he is strictly an indoor cat ...
Poor little thing. I hope there is enough indoor "livestock" for him to chase, catch, and kill.
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

tggzzz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:58 am
MED6753 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 pm --- Since he is strictly an indoor cat ...
Poor little thing. I hope there is enough indoor "livestock" for him to chase, catch, and kill.
Other than an odd bug or two to chase down and eat that's it. We are completely rodent free here. But there are plenty of birds and squirrels outside to watch and lust after.
An old gray beard with an attitude. I don't bite.....sometimes :twisted:
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

Cubdriver wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:59 am Crummy iPhone photo of my friend Stacey's cat Cocoa Bean - she has the most stunningly beautiful sapphire blue eyes:

Some one of these years I need to bring my DSLR over there and get some good photos of her...

-Pat
Looks exactly like the female Siamese we had when I was a kid. Thanks for the memory.
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

MED6753 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:26 pm
tggzzz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:58 am
Other than an odd bug or two to chase down and eat that's it. We are completely rodent free here. But there are plenty of birds and squirrels outside to watch and lust after.
So you just tease it? Poor little thing :)
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

Cerebus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:09 am
MED6753 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 pm He was born late May - early June last year so he's now fully grown. And yes, he has put a little extra weight. Since he is strictly an indoor cat we have already taken steps to cut back on his food and try to exercise him as much as possible.
I wasn't suggesting that he's becoming a chonker, just that he's grown. A lot. He's full CRT scope size now, he just used to be small frequency counter size.
When we got him at about 6 weeks old in first week in July last year.

Now. He wouldn't sit still and kept trying to bat the camera. A typical domestic shorthair should weigh no more than 12 pounds and he's getting close to that. So his food ration is being cut back so he doesn't get porky.

Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

The Three Amigos turned NINE today :shock: :shock: :shock:

L-R Pixel, Gilmore and Beaker

-Pat
BU508A

Post by BU508A »

An older video from the slowmo guys:
How elegant she's jumping on top of the fence! Very beautiful!
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

BU508A wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:20 pm An older video from the slowmo guys:
How elegant she's jumping on top of the fence! Very beautiful!
It always amazes me how perfectly in tune with themselves they are - they’ll jump juuuuust hard enough to get where they want to go, but no harder. My old cat used to hop up on the back of the kitchen chairs, and would land it perfectly every time. If you were sitting in one when he did it, you *might* feel a little jolt when he got up there, but not often. I’d usually realize when he poked his nose past me to see what I was doing.

-Pat
bd139

Post by bd139 »

Figure I could contribute to this one for once ...

So I went on holiday recently to a wonderful Mediterranean archipelago and what did I find? Lots of stray cats. Well they aren't your usual strays. The local community look after this lot very well. They even have cat houses around they can sit and chill in. And they were all quite sociable, chilled and like to hang around people.

This one decided to make friends with me in Gozo at a cafe. Wasn't interested in food, just wanted to lie in the sun next to someone...

IMG_0497.jpeg

This one was out cold next to the Valletta / Sliema ferry terminal...

IMG_0529.jpeg

And this one was enjoying lunch in central Valletta. Eating Italian today...

IMG_0334.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bd139

Post by bd139 »

Just found a picture of my father's old cat "Duke". Ugly motherfucker. Also couldn't meow - just blew raspberries.
20050300 - Duke - _DSC1674.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AVGresponding

Post by AVGresponding »

bd139 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:07 pm Just found a picture of my father's old cat "Duke". Ugly motherfucker. Also couldn't meow - just blew raspberries.

Bloody hell, that's not a cat, it's something out of a DM's Monster Guide
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
bd139

Post by bd139 »

AVGresponding wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:05 am
bd139 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:07 pm Just found a picture of my father's old cat "Duke". Ugly motherfucker. Also couldn't meow - just blew raspberries.

Bloody hell, that's not a cat, it's something out of a DM's Monster Guide
Yup. He was a surprisingly nice cat considering the appearance though :lol:
vk6zgo

Post by vk6zgo »

All kids should have a cat.
They teach that actions have consequences---piss off the kitty & you will get clawed! :)
bd139

Post by bd139 »

vk6zgo wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:49 am All kids should have a cat.
They teach that actions have consequences---piss off the kitty & you will get clawed! :)
Yeah that 100% agree.

The ex wife's ones are teaching them patience too. Yes I'll sit on your instructions :lol:
73817690504__3CDB60C9-DD19-43A1-A7B3-06D984945E91.jpeg
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

FTFY

I well remember landlady's cat sitting on me, contentedly purring. And slowly repeatedly extending its claws into my thighs.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

tggzzz wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:49 am
FTFY

I well remember landlady's cat sitting on me, contentedly purring. And slowly repeatedly extending its claws into my thighs.
Never a problem I had. Cat's sitting on me was always a thing to be actively discouraged from the off. They rapidly got the message and kept their distance.

I am not a cat person.

A woman in the local shop is big into dogs and feeds foxes. She says she prefers animals to people as she doesn't like many people. I told her I like few people and fewer animals and much prefer machines.
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

Zenith wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:29 am
FTFY

Never a problem I had. Cat's sitting on me was always a thing to be actively discouraged from the off. They rapidly got the message and kept their distance.

I am not a cat person.
I tolerate cats, but the "mixed messages" is distinctly off putting.
A woman in the local shop is big into dogs and feeds foxes. She says she prefers animals to people as she doesn't like many people. I told her I like few people and fewer animals and much prefer machines.
My mother liked feeding the urban foxes. My daughter hates foxes, since they have been known to eat her chickens. Fortunately the mind is good at compartmentalising such things :)

Daughter uses her dog as a bozo-filter: if people don't tolerate the dog, she is unlikely to tolerate them. I've just realised that dog has Asperger's; daughter disagrees :)
bd139

Post by bd139 »

tggzzz wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:05 am

FTFY

I am not a cat person.
My mother liked feeding the urban foxes. My daughter hates foxes, since they have been known to eat her chickens. Fortunately the mind is good at compartmentalising such things :)

Daughter uses her dog as a bozo-filter: if people don't tolerate the dog, she is unlikely to tolerate them. I've just realised that dog has Asperger's; daughter disagrees :)
I will not go out with anyone who has a dog. All dogs are grade A retards. I can't cope with one of those in my life.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

bd139 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:43 pm I will not go out with anyone who has a dog. All dogs are grade A retards. I can't cope with one of those in my life.
I can see the appeal of them, especially if you have a use for them, but mainly I see them as a tie, an expense and a nuisance.
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

bd139 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:43 pm

I will not go out with anyone who has a dog. All dogs are grade A retards. I can't cope with one of those in my life.
Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Especially the ones with the little yap dogs that they carry around like a baby. :roll:
Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

MED6753 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:55 pm

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Especially the ones with the little yap dogs that they carry around like a baby. :roll:
AKA 'Barking Cats'.

-Pat
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

Dogs are needy creatures, need to be taken for walks etc and need to be bossed and they see their keepers as their masters, whereas cats are the opposite, cats stay with you because they want to, they love you, they don't need to have a boss in their life, they think they are your boss :lol:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

tggzzz wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:05 am

I am not a cat person.

Not daughter's dog; it is as sharp as a tack. I've never seen anything like it.

It actively enjoys brain-teasers. Obviously the "where's the mouse/squirrel/fox/cat been recently". Failing that, it enjoys its toys being hidden and being told to find them. Failing that, it enjoys being taught meaningless amusing tricks.

It is remarkably sensitive to its owner's emotions. Worries about purse snatchers expressed through body language caused it to worry about bikes/mopeds/motorbikes. Given the choice between fight or flee, the choice is fight (exception: swans!). Unfortunately it wins all those fights: they go away.

Given the aloofness/randomness of cats, there's no way I would want to be involved with a cat woman :)