Better late than never department: Solartron 7075

The place to be when you have TEA. Discuss all kinds of test equipment.

Important: Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about.
Forum rules
Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about. Include the "repairs" tag, too, when appropriate. If a new tag is needed, request one in the TEAdministration forum.
AVGresponding

Re: Better late than never department: Solartron 7075

Post by AVGresponding »

PDF seems all there, bit annoying that not all the sheets are the same orientation but meh...

Now I've skimmed the manual, I know one thing for sure; I never EVER want to have to open this thing up!
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tags:
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

AVGresponding wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:40 pm PDF seems all there, bit annoying that not all the sheets are the same orientation but meh...

Now I've skimmed the manual, I know one thing for sure; I never EVER want to have to open this thing up!
Oh, it's not that bad inside. I've only wrecked one through careless application of a probe.

My toolchain couldn't cope with landscape image inside portrait paper, and I couldn't be bothered to find out why. OTOH I did bother to ensure the rotated pages all have the same orientation, unlike the paper manual.

EDIT: the schematics are A3 resolution(12k*8k, <250kB), and can be turned through a right angle after printing.
AVGresponding

Post by AVGresponding »

I don't want to have to deal with all those unobtainium transistor pairs. Or the discrete analogue PLL. Or the discrete uP. Or the chopper. Or the black magic reference circuit.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

AVGresponding wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:45 pm I don't want to have to deal with all those unobtainium transistor pairs. Or the discrete analogue PLL. Or the discrete uP. Or the chopper. Or the black magic reference circuit.
Does anybody? But sometimes "needs must".

Is the reference circuit really black magic? ISTR it is pretty standard for that time.
AVGresponding

Post by AVGresponding »

For me, the black magic is in getting the performance they did from the components they used
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

AVGresponding wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:53 pm For me, the black magic is in getting the performance they did from the components they used
Agreed, but standard black magic.