Post a picture of a cat

The place to be when you have TEA. Discuss all kinds of test equipment.

Important: Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about.
Forum rules
Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about. Include the "repairs" tag, too, when appropriate. If a new tag is needed, request one in the TEAdministration forum.
Reddwarf3r

Re: Post a picture of a cat

Post by Reddwarf3r »

heat emitting devices and many things to bat onto the floor, workshops are cat heaven.
Your black lad/ ladette has got the imperious look down pat. :lol:
If at first you don't succeed..Skydiving is not the sport for you.
Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

Reddwarf3r wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:25 am heat emitting devices and many things to bat onto the floor, workshops are cat heaven.
Your black lad/ ladette has got the imperious look down pat. :lol:
That’s Ghost; she’s a former feral who joined the clan in 2015. I’d just taken in three kittens, bringing me to a total of five of the furry little buggers (Gilmore, the orange guy in the other pics being one of them) and was at a get together and showing a friend’s wife pictures of the newbs. Turns out their son & his wife were involved with one of those trap, fix and release groups that try to control feral cat populations, and she was a recent ‘graduate' of the program that they were trying to find a home for as they were concerned about her safety outside. Val caught me off guard with “if you already have five, you’d barely notice a sixth”, and unable to come up with a cogent answer to her logic, moments later I found myself on the phone with her son, agreeing to take her in.

She arrived just after Halloween (somehow appropriate for a black cat), and proceeded to disappear. If I peeked into the right nook, I’d see her looking back at me. Given the arrival timing and her color, a Halloween related name seemed appropriate, and the vanishing act made her seem like a ghost, thus the moniker. She’s to this day still very timid, but has come out of her shell by leaps and bounds relative to what she was first like. This is one taken very shortly after she arrived:

And finally, since I’m in that galley, one of Gilmore (center) with his sisters Pixel (L) and Beaker (R) a few days after they joined the clowder:

-Pat
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

Cubdriver wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:11 am
Reddwarf3r wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:46 am Helpful little blighters aren't they.
Eminently so!
What's Tek's recommended procedure for removing cat hairs from their scope's attenuator's finger switches?
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

Here's a picture of one of mine, this is Megan, and she's reminding me that its dinner time, and she wants her dinner. She is a proper food bag and is always ready for a spot of food haha. Her sister Willow is just the opposite, hardly eats anything. I'll post a picture of her as well when I can rescue them from a faulty disc.
IMG-20130308-00013.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
Reddwarf3r

Post by Reddwarf3r »

Oh yes the whole do as I want now or the murder needles come out look

Cubdriver wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:51 am
She arrived just after Halloween (somehow appropriate for a black cat), and proceeded to disappear. If I peeked into the right nook, I’d see her looking back at me. Given the arrival timing and her color, a Halloween related name seemed appropriate, and the vanishing act made her seem like a ghost, thus the moniker. She’s to this day still very timid, but has come out of her shell by leaps and bounds relative to what she was first like. This is one taken very shortly after she arrived:

[/quote]

Must be something about black cats and Halloween. We adopted our boy Jubba the week before Halloween. He'd been handed in injured, and he's still got a bald spot and a scar on his flank. Poor boy. As for his name that's his shelter name, as we decided that as he'd had a pretty rough and confusing time he could keep his name since he couldn't keep his danglies.
Still cuddles his little toy dog that came with him from the shelter to.
IMG_20230606_222540.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AVGresponding

Post by AVGresponding »

angry_fruit.jpg
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Cubdriver wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:51 am
She arrived just after Halloween (somehow appropriate for a black cat), and proceeded to disappear. If I peeked into the right nook, I’d see her looking back at me. Given the arrival timing and her color, a Halloween related name seemed appropriate
The name Pyewacket immediately comes to mind.
AVGresponding

Post by AVGresponding »

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

You've clearly been inspired by this old cartoon...

Plenty more where that came from, 101 to be precise - with a sequel of another 101 because the first 101 were so popular.

And there's the widely known https://youtu.be/w8yaaaAZ4r4
AVGresponding

Post by AVGresponding »

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

The towel is a riot! Very scratchy, does not dry well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

D8EBA6D2-F8EC-4CF3-91D0-7A9339506867.jpeg
This was the case here up until very recently when I tentatively put it back on the holder. Fingers crossed it’s been safe for a few weeks now…

-Pat
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

Today is the day. Kitty Kat currently at the clinic getting his goods removed. Pick him up today at 5:30 PM. I expect him to be none too happy. :P :P :D
An old gray beard with an attitude. I don't bite.....sometimes :twisted:
Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

Sleep with one eye open for the next few days. :lol: :lol:

-Pat
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Spokeskitty has a message just for Mike:

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

An old lady sits on her front porch, rocking away the last days of her long life when all of a sudden, a fairy godmother appears and informs her that she will be granted three wishes.

''Well, now,'' says the old lady, ''I guess I would like to be really rich.''

*~POOF~* Her rocking chair turns to solid gold.

''And, gee, I guess I wouldn't mind being a young, beautiful princess.''

*~POOF~* She turns into a beautiful young woman.

''Your third wish?'' asks the fairy godmother. Just then the old woman's cat wanders across the porch in front of them.

''Ooh - can you change him into a handsome young prince?'' she asks.

*~POOF~*

There before her stands a young man more handsome than anyone could possibly imagine. She stares at him, smitten. With a smile that makes her knees weak, he saunters across the porch and whispers in her ear:

''Bet you're sorry now you had me neutered.''

mnem
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

He's home and today doing fine. Last evening he was still a little groggy and snuggled in my lap purring softly so I guess there's no hard feelings. :D The vet tells me that he did not like being there. Snarling, growling, spitting. Today he seems to be his active self running around and his appetite is back.
tautech

Post by tautech »

MED6753 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:54 pm He's home and today doing fine. Last evening he was still a little groggy and snuggled in my lap purring softly so I guess there's no hard feelings. :D The vet tells me that he did not like being there. Snarling, growling, spitting. Today he seems to be his active self running around and his appetite is back.
Yeah well he is 2 stone lighter ! :lol:
Siglent Distributor NZ, TE Enabler
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

Back to normal. "My lab and you are just a visitor". :lol:

tautech

Post by tautech »

What's the definition of a ball race ?

A Tom cat with 5 yds lead on the vet ! :D
Harley lost.
Siglent Distributor NZ, TE Enabler
Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

He seems none the worse for wear. Nice to see he’s back to supervising.

-Pat
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

PXL_20230914_221816210.MP.jpg
Here is a picture of my other cat, Willow, not so much of a lab cat this one, but is just letting me know that she's getting a bit hungry.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
mansaxel

Post by mansaxel »

My nephews got her a couple weeks ago. Here she sits in the lap of my mother. She's very tiny and very cute. Dunno if she's a lab cat, there's no TE to speak of in my brothers home.
Reddwarf3r

Post by Reddwarf3r »

That's a smug mug right there!
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mnem
he knows where you sleep.
Reddwarf3r

Post by Reddwarf3r »

Jubba Says Boooo!
IMG_20231008_103324.jpg
BU508A

Post by BU508A »

creation_of_cat.jpeg