Tektronix 2215A

The place to be when you have TEA. Discuss all kinds of test equipment.

Important: Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about.
Forum rules
Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about. Include the "repairs" tag, too, when appropriate. If a new tag is needed, request one in the TEAdministration forum.
bd139

Tektronix 2215A

Post by bd139 »

Obtained a Tektronix 2215A for a slightly borderline £58 delivered. 60MHz 2 channel crate with delay timebase. Slightly more than hamfest fees but my test gear was costing a car on top of previous purchases so that is a good deal. It looks like it works absolutely fine but has the usual problem with focus which I will describe below...

Firstly money shot. Quite tidy
DSC_3943.jpeg
Guts
DSC_3945.jpeg
Our first problem. As always the HV divider chain is drifted thanks to the rancid old carbon comps and some clever person has tried to fix it and failed. Actually failed quite badly at fixing it. There are supposed to be 4x 510K resistors there and we have 1x 656k, 1x 503k, 1x bodged 340k (the replaced one which has failed terribly) and 1x 636k. Doh!
DSC_3946.jpeg
And of course the usual cracked RIFAs. This time only the Y-class capacitors so not good not great. The main X-class is not a RIFA which is good news.

Mouser order will be fired off once all the gear I ordered turns up and has been evaluated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.