Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) : Discussion and Group Therapy Thread

The place to be when you have TEA. Discuss all kinds of test equipment.

Important: Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about.
Forum rules
Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about. Include the "repairs" tag, too, when appropriate. If a new tag is needed, request one in the TEAdministration forum.
mansaxel

Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) : Discussion and Group Therapy Thread

Post by mansaxel »

mnementh wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:20 pm No, I was being silly; suggesting we should be on best behavior and not running around nekkid, you wild man...
Nothing wrong with dress as you like. Most of the people offended probably are too stuck up anyway.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Yep I'm in that photo
tautech

Post by tautech »

Robert wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:39 am Yep I'm in that photo
Never imagined you were the mo and glasses type. :lol:
Siglent Distributor NZ, TE Enabler
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mansaxel wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:00 am
mnementh wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:20 pm No, I was being silly; suggesting we should be on best behavior and not running around nekkid, you wild man...
Nothing wrong with dress as you like. Most of the people offended probably are too stuck up anyway.
Well, yes... that would be the silly part; suggesting that we in here should behave ourselves in any particular way. :lol:

mnem
Cerebus

Post by Cerebus »

Robert wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:16 pm So having looked at that page I had a look around the site and found a picture of me, wearing trousers :shock:
World record attempt at photobombing world record event photographs?
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

Been sort of hectic around these parts and haven't had much lab time lately. That should change this week. As long as I can my chair back. Apparently Harley the lab cat has taken a liking to it and I'll need to evict him. He's growing like a weed and as you can see his eyes have changed color to a dull yellow from the little kitten blue. Next month he'll get his shots and also have his testicles terminated. Right now he's blissfully ignorant of that so don't tell him. :lol:

An old gray beard with an attitude. I don't bite.....sometimes :twisted:
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Speaking as someone who has been owned by several lab cats... you're much better off just getting a new wheelie chair. Recommendation is something in leather or industrial vinyl; they don't like the slickery surface nearly as much.

Dirt Devil Model 103.jpg

Also, one of these Royal/Dirt Devil hand-vacs is your best friend; hunt up the old school model 103 or 503 from CL or eBay for $20-30. They're practically indestructible; as long as you throw a drop of oil on the beater-bar bushings every year or two and maybe replace main bearings every decade or two, they'll still outlive the brand-new Chinesium crap ones all over Amazon that look like something from outer space.

mnem
maximum suckage, yo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Post by Robert »

tautech wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:28 am
Robert wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:39 am Yep I'm in that photo
Never imagined you were the mo and glasses type. :lol:
No, That's Rod.
I'm just behind ans to one side. No not the blonde, the baldy.
Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

MED6753 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:34 pm Been sort of hectic around these parts and haven't had much lab time lately. That should change this week. As long as I can my chair back. Apparently Harley the lab cat has taken a liking to it and I'll need to evict him. He's growing like a weed and as you can see his eyes have changed color to a dull yellow from the little kitten blue. Next month he'll get his shots and also have his testicles terminated. Right now he's blissfully ignorant of that so don't tell him. :lol:

What is this "your chair" that you speak of? :lol: :lol: :lol: HIS chair! Buy another, and *maybe* he'll deign to allow you to use it.

He's grown to be a handsome young fellow!

-Pat
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

MED6753 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:34 pm Been sort of hectic around these parts and haven't had much lab time lately. That should change this week. As long as I can my chair back. Apparently Harley the lab cat has taken a liking to it and I'll need to evict him. He's growing like a weed and as you can see his eyes have changed color to a dull yellow from the little kitten blue. Next month he'll get his shots and also have his testicles terminated. Right now he's blissfully ignorant of that so don't tell him. :lol:
It reminds me of a joke.

An old woman lived in a humble cottage with her cat, Toby. One day she saved a fairy child from drowning. The Queen of the Fairies came and offered her three wishes.

Her first wish was to be a beautiful princess. That happened.

Her second wish was for the cottage to turn into a magnificent palace. That happened.

Her third wish was for her cat to be turned into a handsome young prince. That happened.

The Queen of the Fairies discretely vanished.

She rushed up to Toby and threw her arms around him.

Toby said, "I bet you wish you hadn't had me doctored now".
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

This one was equally comfortable and blissfully ignorant...

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Cubdriver wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:17 pmWhat is this "your chair" that you speak of? :lol: :lol: :lol: HIS chair! Buy another, and *maybe* he'll deign to allow you to use it.

-Pat
Yeah, that's what I was getting at when I told Mike he's better off just getting a new wheelie chair. That one is under new management... :rofl:

mnem
*toddles off to grill some burgers*
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

mnementh wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:37 pm
Cubdriver wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:17 pmWhat is this "your chair" that you speak of? :lol: :lol: :lol: HIS chair! Buy another, and *maybe* he'll deign to allow you to use it.

-Pat
Yeah, that's what I was getting at when I told Mike he's better off just getting a new wheelie chair. That one is under new management... :rofl:

mnem
*toddles off to grill some burgers*
He is doing that because it smells of Mike, my two cats always end up in my middle son's bedroom, Megan, the biggest one makes a beeline for his office chair and Willow seeks out his clothes or his pyjamas and lies on them, or Megan will if she gets the chance, creeps into my bedroom and goes to sleep on my side of the bed ;)
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Yeah, I know... and I also know that's why, when they're mad at their person, (or unhappy with the state of the litterbox) they'll poop in said person's shoes.

Nobody else's.

mnem
doncha just love how we communicate...
bd139

Post by bd139 »

Still alive. Currently shitting near Husavik.
PXL_20230814_170127003.jpg
Nice landscape photo from yesterday's hike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

bd139 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:49 am Still alive. Currently shitting near Husavik.

Good, but that's too much information for our comfort :)

Today's "Astronomy Picture of the Day" is from Iceland, a three photo composite near the blue lagoon:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

bd139 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:49 amStill alive. Currently shitting near Husavik. Image Nice landscape photo from yesterday's hike
Did you find a cat's shoes to shit in...? :thinking:

mnem
Seems the sort of thing he might do, given the opportunity...
dl6lr

Post by dl6lr »

Well, I spent too less money the last weeks, so now I bought me a new toy.
This one will complement the shitty R&S FS300 rektum spanalyzer:
hp8563e_2.jpg
It has already the LCD update and option 8ZE "Refurbished by HP". Mounted on the back is a HP 85620A memory module. Two software packages are installed on the module:
85671A Phasenoise measurement
85672A Harmonic measurements etc. IMD etc

8600 running hours.
25 CPS

Post by 25 CPS »

dl6lr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:10 pm Well, I spent too less money the last weeks, so now I bought me a new toy.

hp8563e_2.jpg

It has already the LCD update and option 8ZE "Refurbished by HP". Mounted on the back is a HP 85620A memory module. Two software packages are installed on the module:

8600 running hours.
Excellent!
mansaxel

Post by mansaxel »

dl6lr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:10 pm Well, I spent too less money the last weeks, so now I bought me a new toy.

hp8563e_2.jpg

8600 running hours.
Envy!
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

That's some proper enheavyment, right there! Use it in good health, or at least until the gravity well threatens your personal safety! :rofl:

mnem
*slightly exaggerated*
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

mnementh wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:13 pm That's some proper enheavyment, right there! Use it in good health, or at least until the gravity well threatens your personal safety! :rofl:

mnem
*slightly exaggerated*
How's your dad, any news yet?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Aww jeez, Graham; I'm sorry. Image I updated a couple days ago in the Discord and forgot to copy over here:
mnementh — 08/12/2023 12:21 PM wrote: a'aight... time for me and my own the boi to toddle off and visit dad.

We've got him into one of the best-rated post-op rehab facilities in the state, which happens to be quite close. I was literally imagining scenarios where I'd have to go there in person and beg them to take him as a hard luck case; but Ifni smiled on us and they offered him a bed in the second round of offers due to his veteran status.

Last few days have beat me up pretty bad... highly stressful. Didn't wake up til the crack of ten this morning.

Since then we've visited once or twice a day, depending on how bad my knees hurt. Where they put the Rehab Dept is literally as far away from the only entrance as is physically possible in that place; A good half a klik in and out depending on how far away I have to park.

The Rehab folk started with him right away on Saturday morning; propped him up on a walker and one orderly under each shoulder to see just how well/far he could walk with help. Since then they've worked with him every day, trying to get him to walk a little further, and now that they know how stable he is, just helping him up onto the walker.

He's having some neuropathy pain in his left foot (opposite the side of the dislocation); at least they think that what it is, as X-rays didn't show anything. They may have to take more pics; we'll see.

At this point, just a matter of visiting every day and keeping up with the work they're doing. He's no longer bedridden; he gets to the BR or one of two chairs with help, and I've brought his shaving stuff so he can feel more human.

Cheers,

mnem
*toddles off to dinner*
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

mnementh wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:53 pm Aww jeez, Graham; I'm sorry. Image I updated a couple days ago in the Discord and forgot to copy over here:
mnementh — 08/12/2023 12:21 PM wrote: a'aight... time for me and my own the boi to toddle off and visit dad.

We've got him into one of the best-rated post-op rehab facilities in the state, which happens to be quite close. I was literally imagining scenarios where I'd have to go there in person and beg them to take him as a hard luck case; but Ifni smiled on us and they offered him a bed in the second round of offers due to his veteran status.

Last few days have beat me up pretty bad... highly stressful. Didn't wake up til the crack of ten this morning.

Since then we've visited once or twice a day, depending on how bad my knees hurt. Where they put the Rehab Dept is literally as far away from the only entrance as is physically possible in that place; A good half a klik in and out depending on how far away I have to park.

The Rehab folk started with him right away on Saturday morning; propped him up on a walker and one orderly under each shoulder to see just how well/far he could walk with help. Since then they've worked with him every day, trying to get him to walk a little further, and now that they know how stable he is, just helping him up onto the walker.

He's having some neuropathy pain in his left foot (opposite the side of the dislocation); at least they think that what it is, as X-rays didn't show anything. They may have to take more pics; we'll see.

At this point, just a matter of visiting every day and keeping up with the work they're doing. He's no longer bedridden; he gets to the BR or one of two chairs with help, and I've brought his shaving stuff so he can feel more human.

Cheers,

mnem
*toddles off to dinner*
Yeah, I'll have to try and get around to sorting out this Linux machine so I can hop on in the discord again, problem is I know diddly squat or sweet feck all about Linux and so thats going to be a struggle.

I know how you feel, I had to do that for neigh on 3 years, but its good that you managed to get him in somewhere and maybe there are other vets in there so he'll be able to chat with them about the old times eh?

How far does he have to go to reach the BR, not too far I trust.
Who let Murphy in?

bd139

Post by bd139 »

tggzzz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:10 pm
bd139 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:49 am Still alive. Currently shitting near Husavik.

Good, but that's too much information for our comfort :)

Today's "Astronomy Picture of the Day" is from Iceland, a three photo composite near the blue lagoon:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
Didn't go to the blue lagoon. Too touristy. Went to Myvatn Nature Baths in the North instead. Discovered that Myvatn Lake is "midge lake". Fortunately those guys don't bite just hang around your head and try and be friendly. Met some whales in the middle of the North Sea too. They were pretty cool although suffering from an Italian vomiting on them.