I have sinned

The place to be when you have TEA. Discuss all kinds of test equipment.

Important: Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about.
Forum rules
Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about. Include the "repairs" tag, too, when appropriate. If a new tag is needed, request one in the TEAdministration forum.
tggzzz

I have sinned

Post by tggzzz »

... at PPAuctions.

A couple of Tek 1502 TDRs, because they are my fetish. Since they are Imperial rather than metric, I won't dind it difficult to let them go.

Some GR-875 connectors and leads.

Four sets of HP/Agilent DMM probe leads. I like 'em, and the rest are floggable.

An Instek PSU, which will probably end up at a hamfest.

And a Yokogawa TA320 time interval analyser, for 10% of what I paid for my HP/Agilent 53310A.

I saw several recognisable names bidding, and avoided those items.

Overall the prices and bidding seemed "muted" rather than "frenzied".

Tags:
Specmaster

Re: I have sinned

Post by Specmaster »

Not too bad really is it? Are driving all the way to collect or are offering a delivery service?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
Robert

Post by Robert »

I see Ice Tea is getting a couple of pallet loads of HP heavyweight gear. I was surprised at the interest in and price raised by the HP8922x GSM test sets. They are really only good for parts, unless I'm missing something.
I bought a couple of items, A TTi TS3021S PSU and Philips PM5503 PAL video test generator. Both items I've been looking for. The PM5503 is a small farily modern unt and I have the "matching" audio signal generator. Both were designed and made here in Cambridge by Labgear.
Robert.
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

Specmaster wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:09 pm Not too bad really is it? Are driving all the way to collect or are offering a delivery service?
Driving.

After one item was mine, I added extra things to make it less un-worthwhile. The theory is that flogging some things at a profit pays for the petrol and depreciation.

Total cost is £145+15%+20%. Petrol plus depreciation maybe £65. The test probes are fetching >£30 each on fleabay.
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

Robert wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:23 pm I see Ice Tea is getting a couple of pallet loads of HP heavyweight gear. I was surprised at the interest in and price raised by the HP8922x GSM test sets. They are really only good for parts, unless I'm missing something.
I saw him snag a large Cambridge Instrument voltage divider. I was going to bid on it, but I saw he was bidding and decided it was too heavy anyway. I ignored the HP stuff, as it didn't interest me.

HP8922 test sets brings back memories of 30 years ago. I created a hardware interface for a project aiming to make it easy to go from ETSI specification to control software, by using the spec's FSM to autogenerate the corresponding C code. The tautogeneration sort of worked, but the softies chose to use C++ to draw the FSMs and create the C code. The drawing package took years; if they had used Smalltalk it would have been months.
I bought a couple of items, A TTi TS3021S PSU and Philips PM5503 PAL video test generator. Both items I've been looking for. The PM5503 is a small farily modern unt and I have the "matching" audio signal generator. Both were designed and made here in Cambridge by Labgear.
Did you miss out on some scintillation counters?
Robert

Post by Robert »

I have a full set of Mini-Instruments 900 series meters GM and Scint.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

You have fallen to temptation maybe, but not exactly sinned.

I was put off PPAuctions because of the driving involved. Had it been somewhere more within easy reach, I'd have been in there like a rat up a drain.