Post a picture of a cat

The place to be when you have TEA. Discuss all kinds of test equipment.

Important: Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about.
Forum rules
Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about. Include the "repairs" tag, too, when appropriate. If a new tag is needed, request one in the TEAdministration forum.
tggzzz

Re: Post a picture of a cat

Post by tggzzz »

Specmaster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:07 am Dogs are needy creatures, need to be taken for walks etc and need to be bossed and they see their keepers as their masters, whereas cats are the opposite, cats stay with you because they want to, they love you, they don't need to have a boss in their life, they think they are your boss :lol:
Excellent troll, except for the last clause :)
bd139

Post by bd139 »

Specmaster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:07 am Dogs are needy creatures, need to be taken for walks etc and need to be bossed and they see their keepers as their masters, whereas cats are the opposite, cats stay with you because they want to, they love you, they don't need to have a boss in their life, they think they are your boss :lol:
Cats stay with you because you feed them.
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

bd139 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:04 am
Nah, most cats are very capable hunters and killers, so are more than capable of feeding themselves.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

Nah. Cats are promiscuous.

Cats stay with everybody that feeds them.
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

Specmaster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:38 am
Nah, most cats are very capable hunters and killers, so are more than capable of feeding themselves.
... and vomiting the results up on the sofa next to where you're sitting :(

Cats will normally eat food from whoever provides it, and only resort to hunting for "sport", i.e. fun and games.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Specmaster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:38 am
Why hunt when they usually have some sucker who will provide them with regular meals for nothing? Some cats do hunt for the fun of it. "Love" in this case equates to "associates with food".

Some cats I've noticed have two homes, the main one and a neighbour who feeds them along with their cats, so when they've polished off one meal they are off to their other gaff to be fed again. I worked with someone who fed a couple of tatty looking stray cats. She was off on holiday for a fortnight and was worried they'd starve to death. I laughed. She phoned the vet and said she was worried about these cats starving to death if she wasn't there to feed them. They laughed. I told her she'd be one of half a dozen soft touches on their rounds.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

tggzzz wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:52 am
... and vomiting the results up on the sofa next to where you're sitting :(

Cats will normally eat food from whoever provides it, and only resort to hunting for "sport", i.e. fun and games.
The other thing is hiding the bag, or parts of it, somewhere, such as behind a sofa. Attention is drawn to it by the smell of something dead and noticing a lot of bluebottles flying around the room. Then you have to track it down and dispose of it.

Part of the sport is crippling the unfortunate creature and tormenting it for hours.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mnem
dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and maybe they'll get back to you.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mnem
*impairing productivity since nineteen-mumblety-mumble*
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

mnementh wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:43 pm Image

mnem
dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and maybe they'll get back to you.
That picture corresponds to daughter's dog, except teeth are used, not claws.

The last sentence also applies, unless he detects cats/mice/squirrels or his ball in flight - at which point monomanic pursuit ensues.
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

tggzzz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:16 pm

mnem
That picture corresponds to daughter's dog, except teeth are used, not claws.

The last sentence also applies, unless he detects cats/mice/squirrels or his ball in flight - at which point monomanic pursuit ensues.
Showed picture to daughter, asking her if her dog is actually a cat.

Her response was "Sometimes we're more like our enemies than we'd like to admit".
Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

mnem
Surprisingly, Ghost (my former feral street cat) apparently never got the memo about belly rubs - she rolls over and loves them.

(She’s the only one whose claws I can’t clip, so she could shred me if she wanted to.)

-Pat
tautech

Post by tautech »

Yep, cats and dogs that you have from young should be handled all over, belly and back rubs, feet/legs gently pulled and stroked to build trust with your new friend.
A little time and effort when they are young pays off.
Siglent Distributor NZ, TE Enabler
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

tautech wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:17 am Yep, cats and dogs that you have from young should be handled all over, belly and back rubs, feet/legs gently pulled and stroked to build trust with your new friend.
A little time and effort when they are young pays off.
Yes.

Daughter's dog's story is ... strange.
  • Girl in flat got a dog, about a year old.
  • 6 weeks later girl leaves flat and dog. (WTF? It is a good counterexample to anybody wittering on about "men lacking commitment", or similar sexist nonsense)
  • Other denizen does his best, even though it isn't his responsibility and he is out at work all day
  • A month later daughter arrives, with a hamster in tow.
  • 6 months later the other denizen leaves to get married in San Diego, and fortunately leaves the dog. Daughter was seriously worried he would take the dog.
  • And before that there would have been the breeder and first owner
So daughter is probably the 5th and last owner in 12/18 months.

Very intelligent animal, with strong opinions that he communicates quite effectively. E.g. touch his paws and his teeth let you know he really doesn't want that. He does bite, but in a very calibrated way. The only time he draws blood is accidentally when I'm play fighting with him; daughter accurately points out that I deserve it :0
bd139

Post by bd139 »

Regarding one point there, interesting statistics from a friend of mine who runs a meetup group with paid and free events. We were literally discussing this yesterday so it's a handy copy and paste

men who paid cancellation before event -> 6%
women who paid cancellation before event -> 23%
men who didn't pay cancellation before event -> 11%
women who didn't pay cancellation before event -> 44%
men no show on day -> 3%
women no show on day -> 12%

I'll let you draw your conclusions from that.

His were: market the group at men mostly.
tautech

Post by tautech »

Back from my dinner date with neighbors feeling sorry for me being home alone. Wife's Bday and all. Coco turned up to say hi and grabbed the warm seat just before I left.
IMG_2178[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Siglent Distributor NZ, TE Enabler
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mnem
in space, noone can hear you boom...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.