Big Change in the Works

The place to be when you have TEA. Discuss all kinds of test equipment.

Important: Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about.
Forum rules
Use tags for the type of equipment your topic is about. Include the "repairs" tag, too, when appropriate. If a new tag is needed, request one in the TEAdministration forum.
MED6753

Big Change in the Works

Post by MED6753 »

Time marches on and things change. Earlier today I was informed that the lady and I were approved for an apartment (flat) together. On Wednesday the lease will be signed. By May 1st will be fully moved in. I've been here 12 years and while I like this place it would be too small for the both of us. Yes, we decided to “shack up”. :D No, we aren't getting married. ;) One of the stipulations to me agreeing to this arrangement is that I keep and have space for my TE. Her response is that she would never expect me to give it up and can have any space required. She is a keeper gang. The rest of the apartment (flat) is to do as she pleases. So we are moving to the 2 bedroom as shown and that smaller bedroom will be exclusively my man cave. It's large enough to accommodate all my TE and then some. I'm actually looking forward to fitting it up but it's the moving of all my junk that's going to be the PITA. And needless to say any upcoming TE projects will now be put on hold.

The apartment (flat) is on the top floor so there's no one above us. And it's on the end of the complex so there's no one adjacent to the master bedroom. There is another apartment adjacent to the kitchen area and obviously an apartment below us. So it should be fairly quiet. I like quiet. That's the only thing that annoys me about this place. My neighbors are a bunch of inconsiderate assholes.

I will update this thread and post pictures as I move benches/equipment and start the long process of fitting up the lab.

An old gray beard with an attitude. I don't bite.....sometimes :twisted:
Cubdriver

Re: Big Change in the Works

Post by Cubdriver »

I hope the floor is good and strong!! Doubt your downstairs neighbors would appreciate a Tek 500-series scope landing in their lap!

Congrats on the new digs!

-Pat
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

The weight will be more evenly distributed and in fact may be able to accommodate more boat anchors. Maybe even a Type 555. :D
Cubdriver

Post by Cubdriver »

LOL - get in line! I've been looking for a triple nickel for a long time now - they seem to be rather rare beasts, and the few that show up are either wrecks, or pick up only and way too far away. Sean out in NM just got his hands on a 551.

You getting the nasty weather over there? Still raining here.

-Pat
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

Sean sent me a text with his new Type 551. It powered right up too.

It's snowing like hell here. I was sleeping and the power dipped several times causing my box fan to shut down and restart. That immediately woke me up. :roll:
tggzzz

Post by tggzzz »

MED6753 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:41 am It's large enough to accommodate all my TE and then some.
Haven't you learned anything?!

Have fun :)
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

tggzzz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:16 am
MED6753 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:41 am It's large enough to accommodate all my TE and then some.

Nope. :D :D
nixiefreqq

Post by nixiefreqq »

wait? what? thought you had given up on the ill tempered nagging half of the species?

you would be better off with a couple of lab cats.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Huho07OPuJM
free range primate since 2011
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

Is this new flat in the same building as you are now, or are you moving to new area altogether? Congrats on the new flat and good luck with the lady, is it the lady cop?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

MED6753 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:26 am
tggzzz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:16 am

Nope. :D :D
Fuck the TE... is it big enuf for a King-Size bed...? All y'alls are gonna want need a nice big playground. :smiling_imp:

mnem
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

Specmaster wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:00 pm Is this new flat in the same building as you are now, or are you moving to new area altogether? Congrats on the new flat and good luck with the lady, is it the lady cop?
Perhaps you forgot that the lady cop hasn't been in the picture for a long time. Been with the current for almost a year already.

New apartment (flat) is about 40 minutes away so all my junk has to move. Not looking forward to that.
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

nixiefreqq wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:29 pm wait? what? thought you had given up on the ill tempered nagging half of the species?

you would be better off with a couple of lab cats.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Huho07OPuJM

Believe it or not I found the rare one that does not nag nor is ill tempered. And she encourages me to keep all my TE.

She is a keeper and you can't have her. :lol:
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

MED6753 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:13 pm
Specmaster wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:00 pm Is this new flat in the same building as you are now, or are you moving to new area altogether? Congrats on the new flat and good luck with the lady, is it the lady cop?
Perhaps you forgot that the lady cop hasn't been in the picture for a long time. Been with the current for almost a year already.

New apartment (flat) is about 40 minutes away so all my junk has to move. Not looking forward to that.
Yeah, I knew that you hadn't mentioned her for a while, or come to that I haven't seen any mention of a lady, so I just assumed it was the same one again. :oops:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Advance-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi-Heathkit-Duratool
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

Specmaster wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:17 pm
MED6753 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:13 pm

Yeah, I knew that you hadn't mentioned her for a while, or come to that I haven't seen any mention of a lady, so I just assumed it was the same one again. :oops:
Here is Blondie. But don't call me Dagwood Bumstead. :P :lol:

Zenith

Post by Zenith »

She looks OK, but she can't be altogether there. What's a nice girl like that doing with a bum like you? :-)
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

Either you're very tall or Blondie is short, which is it, and yes, she is a bit of alright ;)
Who let Murphy in?

Zenith

Post by Zenith »

What I see is a picture of a gentleman, obviously of distinction, and a fine body of a lady, both existing in perfect harmony. They are perfectly proportioned.

The only thing that gives me pause for doubt, is that black thing which looks suspiciously like a holster, and from which his hand is close. Could it contain say, a Colt .357 magnum? If so why? There and again I have learned it's most unwise to enquire into the domestic arrangements of others.

I have hopes and expectations that you will be happy together, and that a little gentle ribbing won't be taken ill.
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

I'm just shy of 6 feet tall. Blondie I consider normal height for a woman.

The "holster" that you speak of is my cell. While you can get a pistol permit in New York State doing an "open carry" is highly discouraged and will definitely upset the snowflake crowd.

I fully expected to get razzed when I posted that picture. I would have been disappointed if I didn't. No ill will at all. :lol:
Specmaster

Post by Specmaster »

A little shy of 6ft eh, I'm a little shy of 6ft 4" myself but I'm also quite larger frame than you. Anyway, you both look happy and long may it continue, we all deserve a little happiness in our life. 8-)
Who let Murphy in?

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Good for you Mike... sincerely. I'll gladly come help, and bring the boi; it's only a couple hours away.

I promise I'll be on best behavior in front of the new lady, and he's a good beast of burden. Strong as a mule, and slightly less stubborn. :wink:

mnem
*toddles off to ded*
BU508A

Post by BU508A »

MED6753 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:04 pm Here is Blondie. But don't call me Dagwood Bumstead. :P :lol:

My best wishes and a long and happy life for both of you. :-)
MED6753

Post by MED6753 »

mnementh wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:05 am Good for you Mike... sincerely. I'll gladly come help, and bring the boi; it's only a couple hours away.

I promise I'll be on best behavior in front of the new lady, and he's a good beast of burden. Strong as a mule, and slightly less stubborn. :wink:

mnem
*toddles off to ded*
Thanks for the generous offer. As of now we have a bunch of folks signed up to help which should be more than enough. No firm date yet but it will be sometime in April. I'll keep you in mind.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Any time, old friend. The offer is sincere.

mnem
25 CPS

Post by 25 CPS »

Congratulations!

I hope the move goes smoothly and the two of you settle in and enjoy your new home!
bd139

Post by bd139 »

You need to let us know your secret med.

Congrats :)